Official Ballot Statement
Serving as your current Councilmember for the last four years has been an honor. Despite the considerable pandemic challenges, I've helped make remarkable progress and achieved numerous accomplishments for our residents. We had a $2.5M projected structural deficit when I took office in 2018. In 2021, we had a $4.2M budget surplus. All indications support a substantial surplus for this fiscal year.
Additionally, I helped to:
• Significantly reduce our pension liabilities
• Increase general fund reserves
• Address deferred maintenance
• Add another police officer position to strengthen public safety
• Create the Psychiatric Assessment Care Team to address mental health and the unhoused
• Complete the Village South Specific Plan
• Fund an ADU design and resident grant program
• Approve low-income senior housing development
• Restore CBO funding
• Plus more!
We must continue to prepare for natural emergencies, maintain fiscal stability, and enhance public safety. Much more work is still needed to keep Claremont a desirable place to live, work and raise a family. I'm the only candidate endorsed by the Claremont Police Officers Association and two retired Claremont Chiefs of Police.
I want to protect Claremont's best qualities—its character, family appeal, excellent services, and over a century of traditions. Your vote will allow me to continue this necessary and rewarding work.